For a short month, February is really busy. There is a new club starting up, school trips to the Barnes, Franklin Institute, and zoo, choir performances, a fundraiser, and a dance. Read the February 2014 Newsletter for more information on these events, but here are some short and sweet versions:
- The California Pizza Kitchen (on City Line Avenue) fundraiser is this week (through Thursday 2/6). Please print out this flyer to bring along–eat out and give yourself a break from cooking, all to support our school: CookWissahickonElm 2-14
- The new Middle School Science Club for 6th-8th graders starts Thursday (see attached February 2014 Newsletter for more info).
- Next week on 2/12 at 3:30 will be an informational meeting for fourth-grade parents and guardians about the upcoming Horsham Outdoor School trip in March. This is an incredible experience for students that Cook-Wissahickon fourth-grade students have enjoyed for several years.
- Book Fair is continuing this week through next Monday (2/10). Please remember to send your child(ren) with a few extra dollars to cover the tax on top of the book costs. The kindergarten and first-grade classes that missed their scheduled times on Monday due to the snow day have been rescheduled–teachers of the affected classes will let students know the revised schedule. Thanks to all the great volunteers!
- There will be a Valentine’s Day Dance for the Middle School. Thanks to Kamisha and Sicily of the HSA for planning this great event for the kids!