It’s hard to believe it’s already December and that the first marking period is over. But, December is a busy month at Cook-Wissahickon. Here are some important dates to keep in mind:
- Friday, December 2– #CWCares Canned Food Drive ends
- Saturday, December 3 – Take Your Child to a Bookstore (visit The Spiral Bookcase between 11am-9pm. For every children’s book purchased, they will be donating a gently used children’s book to our school. Also, local author and illustrator Brian Biggs will be at the store for a signing and drawing lesson from 2pm-4pm.)
- Wednesday, December 7 – HSA Meeting at 5pm in the IMC at School
- Friday, December 9 – December Uniform Orders Due
- Saturday, December 10 – Choir Flapjack Fundraiser (8-10am) at the Andorra Applebee’s
- Wednesday, December 14 – Choir Performance at Roxborough Hospital (5pm)
- Thursday, December 15 – Winter Concert (Square Dancing, Percussion Ensemble, Drumming Alive, Little Trebles, and Crescendos) at 6pm (students arrive at 5:45). All invited!
- Monday, December 19-Thursday, December 22 – Holiday Shop (We need volunteers – look for more information in the coming weeks!)
- Wednesday, December 21 – Interim Reports (Grades 3-8)
- Monday, December 26-Tuesday, January 3 – No School for Students
Also, auditions will take place for CW’s production of Alice in Wonderland-Jr. Play, which will be performed in the spring. Auditions are open to all student in K-8 and will take place after school on 12/5, 12/7, 12/9, 12/12, and 12/19. For more, visit http://cookwissahickonmusic.weebly.com/alice-in-wonderland-jr.html (Password: CookWiss16).
The first quarter at CW was full of so many great events, such as the Annual Harvest Festival, the Every Kid Healthy Day of Service Event on Oct. 15, a visit from the Eagles’ Swoop to kick off our Play 60 Challenge with our 4th-6th Grade classes, a Greener Partners Food Explorer Experience (in partnership with our HYPE program), and choir performances at various events, including the 6ABC Thanksgiving Day Parade among many others. Also, CW was featured in a recent issue of the Philadelphia Tribune – check it out! We’re so grateful to our hard-working, committed staff members and to all of our wonderful families. Thank you for your continued support! Please come out and join us on December 7 for the HSA meeting!
Stay up-to-date with HSA news by liking us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/cookwiss/) and following us on Twitter (@CookWissHSA)
You must be logged in to post a comment.