Happy February, Cook-Wissahickon Families! It’s going to be a busy month! We hope everyone is staying up-to-date with everything going on at school through Mr. Lowe’s Wednesday Messages newsletters. And, look for his Feb. 1 letter in your student’s Wednesday for a nice rundown of a many of the great accomplishments that have occurred in the last year, including positive improvement CW showed in the latest School Progress Reports for Philadelphia Schools! Be sure to read the letter to hear about all the exciting things going on at school!
As always, thanks for the support of all of our families and friends! We’re so grateful for all you do!
Here’s a look at some important dates in February:
- Thursday, February 2: Wissahickon Sustainability Council Meeting (Room 103) 4:30-5:30, All Welcome
- Friday, February 10: HSA Sweets, Treats and Fruit Sale (items will be $.25-$.50)*
- Friday, February 10: CW Music Department Spaghetti Dinner at 6pm at North Light Community Center (Adults: $7, Children under 10: $3)
- Wednesday, February 15: Parent/Teacher Conferences, 12:24 Dismissal, NUT Day
- Thursday, February 16: Parent/Teacher Conferences, 12:24 Dismissal, NUT Day
- Thursday, February 16: Middle School Valentine’s Dance
- Friday, February 17: Parent/Teacher Conferences, 12:24 Dismissal, NUT Day
- Monday, February 20: No School for President’s Day Holiday
- Tuesday, February 21: Kindergarten Registration Opens
*We need volunteers to help run the bake sale and to donate treats and fruit for sale. Please fill out the form your student brought home (or find it here) and return to school to let us know if you can help!