Thanks to everyone who joined the HSA this year! As of 9/23/18. Close to 20% of families have joined so far and Rooms 106, K2, and 208 are in the lead for the most members. All classrooms with 90% membership by Oct. 1 will win a pizza party. If you haven’t joined yet, fill out the Google Form now or download a membership form here (You can pay dues via cash, check, or PayPal).
NUT Days: On Fridays and half days throughout the year, students can dress down (No Uniform Today) for $1! This year, we started offering a few option so pay ahead—pay for the year, pay 2 times a year, or if you prefer keep paying by the day! If you want to start paying ahead from October on, please download the updated form here.
Pretzel Order Forms were sent home last week. If you didn’t receive it, downoald one here. Orders for 10/9-12/18 are due 10/3. All students will receive a free pretzel on 10/2!
For anyone interested in volunteering at school this year, Cook-Wissahickon is holding a Volunteer Orientation on 9/25. One session will be held from 9:30-10:15am and another from 1:30-2:15pm! Download the Volunteer Orientation Flyer for more information. If you can’t attend in person, visit https://www.philasd.org/face/volunteer and click “Volunteer Orientation.”
The school selection process opened Friday, Sept. 21 and will be open through Friday, Nov. 2. Presenters from various High Schools will be visiting CW to speak to 8th-grade students (families are welcome to attend) this week:
- Monday, 9/24: CARVER at 1:30PM
- Tuesday, 9/25: Parkway NW at 1:30PM
- Wednesday, 9/26: SLA@Beeber at 2:00PM
- Thursday, 9/27: Central at 1:30PM
- Friday, 9/28: Bodine at 1:30PM
- 10/4: HSA Meeting at 5pm at Cook-Wissahickon
- 10/5: Half Day with 12:24 Dismissal
- 10/12: Movie Night showing Beauty and the Beast in the CW Schoolyard at Dusk (Want to volunteer? Sign up here!)
- 10/25: Harvest Festival at CW (4:30-6:30pm) – Look for more information in the coming weeks!