- 12/10-13: It’s Holiday Shop time! Students will have a chance to shop and buy gifts! If you can volunteer, please sign up here. Be on the lookout for a schedule of when each class will have the opportunity to shop. Students who want to shop should bring money in an envelope on their scheduled day!
12/11: Dress Rehearsal for All City Choir at Temple Performing Arts Center from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm.
12/12: All City Elementary and Middle School Choral Concert at Temple Performing Arts Center at 7:00 pm. This event is FREE to attend!
12/13: HSA Meeting at 5 pm at Cook-Wissahickon. All are welcome to attend and learn what’s new with fundraising, the Class Parent Program, the 5K, and other big events. Find minutes from past meetings here.
12/14: Science Fair for grades 4-8. Do you have a background in science, medicine, engineering, or education? iPraxis, which partners with our school, is seeking volunteers to help judge the science fair projects. You can sign up to help in the morning (8:15 am to 12 pm), in the afternoon (12 pm to 4 pm), or all day (8:15 am to 4 pm). Breakfast and lunch are provided depending on your volunteer slot (both if you volunteer all day)! Sign up here.
12/15: Join the Choir for their fun Flapjack Fundraiser at Applebee’s in Andorra from 8 to 10 am—choir students will serve you pancakes! Tickets are $10. Want to volunteer or sign up to donate a gift basket? Sign up here.
12/15: Good luck to the Wiz Kids, our First Lego League team, heading to Central High School for their Qualifier to compete against 36 other teams in Philadelphia!
12/18: Join the Wissahickon Sustainability Council for a meeting at 6:30 pm at The Foodery in Roxborough or at the school on 12/19 at 4 pm.
12/21: Dental Day. Smile.org is coming and will be offering a full range of dental services to all students who return the consent form that was sent home with students in November.
- 12/21: Pretzel Orders for 1/8-3/12/19 Due.
12/24-1/1: Winter Break – No School
- HSA Membership: Thanks to everyone who has already joined! If you haven’t yet – it’s not too late. Join Now!
- Are you not receiving HSA emails? Please sign up here to be added to the list.
- The School Nurse page on the CW School Website has been updated with some important forms and information. Visit https://cookwissahickon.philasd.org/school-nurse/
We want to thank everyone who has volunteered so far this year—for events, field trips, and for other school needs! We appreciate all you do to support Cook-Wiss!
Interested in volunteering? Please make sure you have all your clearances and then click on any of the choices below to sign up!
- Holiday Shop
- Science Fair Judges
- Choir Flapjack Fundraiser
- Email our volunteer coordinator with any questions.
Thanks so much to everyone who participated in our Special NUT Day on 11/21! We raised $240 for the North Light Community Center!
Thank you, too, to the Wissahickon Sustainability Council and the volunteers who participated in a school grounds clean-up day last month! They weeded, raked, picked up trash, and built a new bench for the front of school!
Congrats to the CW Choir for their perfomance in the Philadelphia Thanksgiving Day Parade! They were awesome!