We hope everyone had a great Winter Break! Happy 2019! Here’s a look at some events coming up this month:
- 1/2: School resumes after Winter Break
- 1/10: HSA Meeting at 6:30 pm at Scanlon’s Saloon – find last month’s meeting minutes here
- 1/15: WSC (Green Committee) Meeting at 6:30 pm at the Foodery
- 1/16: Dine to Donate at Couch Tomato from 11 am to 10 pm. Dine in or take out! Use the code CookWiss when ordering. Invite friends and family!
- 1/17: 2018-19 Winter Arts Showcase from 6-8 pm at CW
- 1/18: No School
- 1/21: No School
- 1/24: Parent Meeting for Students in Musical
1/21 from 9 am to 2 pm: Join the WSC along with volunteers from Villanova and Jefferson to help with a school grounds work day. Kids welcome—come from whatever amount of time you can help. Sign up here .Cancelled due to weather. Rescheduled Date TBD.
- RESCHEDULED 1/29: K-4 musical featuring 5th grade at 2 pm in the Cafeteria
- 1/28-2/1: Book Fair! Click here for details, including the schedule for when classes will shop. Create an account to sign up to volunteer, shop online from 1/23-2/5, or even create an e-wallet that students can use to shop instead of sending cash! Book fair will be open to parents during conferences, too!
- 1/30: 12:24 Dismissal – Report Card Conferences
- 1/31: 12:24 Dismissal – Report Card Conferences
- 1/31: Join the WSC for a fundraiser at California Pizza Kitchen on City Ave! 20% of your check will go to supporting Wissahickon Sustainability Council’s efforts to green and maintain Cook-Wissahickon’s outdoor spaces and provide educational opportunities for students. Bring this flyer to be sure that your meal is included in the fundraiser.
- 2/1: 12:24 Dismissal – Report Card Conferences
- HSA Membership: Thanks to everyone who has already joined! If you haven’t yet – it’s not too late. Join Now!
- If you know someone who is not receiving HSA emails, please forward this and ask them to sign up here to be added to the list.
Thanks to everyone who has volunteered so far this school year—there were many events and volunteer needs in 2018 and we’re so grateful for your help! Interested in volunteering in 2019? Please make sure you have all your clearances so you’re eligible to help!
50th Anniversary Fundraising Drive
The Cook-Wissahickon School will be celebrating its 50th birthday during the 2019 school year! To honor the occasion, we are asking each family to contribute $10, $25, or $50. Our goal is to raise $4,000 from Cook-Wissahickon families and relatives. Those funds will be used to improve the basketball courts, support student activities, provide funds to teachers so that they can offer more learning tools to your children, and offer scholarships for summer learning opportunities for our teachers, with the larger goal of strengthening and building on the 50-year history of our wonderful school. Every family that contributes will be listed and thanked on our web page! Click here to donate to our fundraising drive via PayPal (add memo line: CW-HSA Fundraiser 2019). Or, you can send a check payable to Cook-Wissahickon HSA and send it to school in an envelope marked “HSA.” Thank you for your support!
|Looking Ahead |
2/7: HSA Meeting at 6 pm at Cook-Wissahickon
2/8: Music Department Spaghetti Dinner
2/18: No School
2/19: WSC Meeting at 6:30 pm at The Foodery