- 2/1: 12:24 Dismissal
- 2/1: If you want to pay ahead for NUT Days for the rest of the year, $19 is due today! Please send $19 in an envelope marked for the HSA with your child(ren)’s name(s) and room number(s) and a note that this is for NUT Days! You can also pay via Paypal—include all the info mentioned above in the space for special instructions!
- 2/1: Last day to send in donations for CW’s Food Drive
- 2/6: Middle School Choir Trip to Opera
- 2/6: First Scrabble Club Meeting for 5th Grade at 3:30 in Room 105 with Mrs. Lee
- 2/7: HSA Meeting at 6pm at Cook-Wissahickon – Find past minutes and agenda here
- 2/8 Music Department Spaghetti Dinner – Sing up to volunteer or donate at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f4cafaf28a0fc1-2019
- 2/12: Open House for Prospective Families from 10-11am at Cook-Wissahickon
- 2/13: Middle School Dance
- 2/18: No School
- 2/19: Wissahickon Sustainability Council Meeting at 6:30 at The Foodery Roxborough or
- 2/20: WSC Meeting at 4:00 at Cook-Wissahickon
- 2/20: Fire Safety Assembly
- 2/20: Dine to Donate at the Spicy Belly (3847 Terrace St.)
The Cook-Wissahickon Choir is hosting a Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser on February 8 in the school cafeteria form 6 to 8 pm! Choir families will be serving pasta, meatballs, bread, and beverages. Come out and support them—tickets will be sold at the door ($8 for adults, $5 for children)! If you’d like to donate or volunteer, sign up here!
Congrats to the WSC!
Congratulations to the Wissahickon Sustainability Council on winning a Lowe’s Toolbox for Education grant from the Lowe’s Charitable and Educational Foundation. The funds for this will be used to create a more accessible path to the outdoor classroom with pavers!
The CW HSA Board would like to thank all of the wonderful CW families and friends who have been so supportive of the HSA and our school this year! 2019 has been off to a great start thanks to all of you!
Thanks to everyone who came out to the 2019 Evening of the Arts, which featured the work of CW middle school students and what they’ve done as part of the Middle School Choice program, as well as performances by the CW Choir and some of the elementary school homerooms! We can’t wait for the Spring Event featuring more CW students! Thanks to the teachers and staff who made the event happen, to everyone who came out to support the students, and to all the volunteers who made it a success!
Our January Dine to Donate event at Couch Tomato was a success! A big shout out to all the families who came out and ordered take out to support the HSA and help us raise $120! We hope to see you at this month’s Dine to Donate event at the Spicy Belly on 2/20!
Thank you to the parents in each homeroom working hard to grow the Classroom Parent Program to help enhance communication within each grade!
We’d also like to thank the families who have contributed to our 50th Anniversary Fundraising Campaign! We’ve had a great response so far and the campaign is still going strong! Click here to donate to our fundraising drive via PayPal (add memo line: CW-HSA Fundraiser 2019). Or, you can send a check payable to Cook-Wissahickon HSA and send it to school in an envelope marked “HSA.”
Thank you to all the volunteers who coordinated this year’s Book Fair and to all those who are assisting with running the store this week!