- 5/1-2: PSSA for Science for 4th and 8th Grades
- 5/2,3: Beauty and the Beast JR performances at 6 pm at Cook-Wissahickon
- 5/4: Beauty and the Beast JR at 1:30 pm at Cook-Wissahickon
(The theater department is still looking for a few more volunteers to help at the performances. Click here to see what’s needed and to sign up if you’re available.)
- 5/7: WSC Earth Day Event at CW—Volunteers are needed. Please sign up here!
- 5/9: HSA Meeting at 6:30 at A Tutti (5154 Ridge Ave) (Check out last month’s minutes here.)
- 5/10: Teacher Appreciation Breakfast—Thanks to all who have already signed up to donate food or supplies or to help! Haven’t had a chance to sign up yet? It’s not too late – click here to sign up!)
- 5/16: Arts Showcase at 5:45 pm (Middle School and Choir Students, 2nd grade HR 105, 1st grade HR 102, All Kindergarten Students, and All 5th Grade Students) Volunteers needed. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0d4cabae2ba5fa7-spring
- 5/17: CW at the Phillies Game (Choir singing the National Anthem)
- 5/21: No School – Election Day
- 5/21: WSC Meeting at The Foodery at 6:30 pm
- 5/22: WSC Meeting at CW at 4 pm
- 5/24: Choir Championships
- 5/27: No School for Memorial Day
- 5/28: 8th Grade Trip
- 5/29: 8th Grade Lunch
- 5/30: Field Day (see below for more details) *Note New Date*
- 5/30: Meet Your Community Night at Stroll the Street in Manayunk. CW will be there with details about the 9/21 5K!
- 5/31: 8th Grade Graduation
- 6/3: Kindergarten Move-up Celebration
- 6/4: Last Day of School for Students
- 6/8: WSC/Lowe’s Grant Build Day: Improving Access to Outdoor Classroom
- Stay Up-to-Date: If you know someone who is not receiving HSA emails, please forward this and ask them to sign up here to be added to the list.
- Every Day in May: Did you hear about the Cook-Wissahickon Perfect Attendance Challenge? CW teachers and staff want to see students in school #EveryDayinMay! The class with the most perfect attendance days in May will win an Ice Cream Party! Enter to win by coming Every Day In May!
- Volunteer Clearances: Interested in volunteering at events for the remainder of the year like Field Day? Please make sure you have all your clearances so you’re eligible to help! Thanks to all who have completed or started this process!
- District-wide Survey: Your opinion wanted! Parents/guardians and students are encouraged to take the District-wide survey. Click here to complete the survey.
|2019 Cook-Wissahickon Field Day: Thursday, 5/30|
Cook-Wissahickon’s Annual Field Day is on Thursday, May 30! CW students will head to Daisy Field for an end-of-the-year celebration with games and contests to determine this year’s winner—the Maroon or Blue Team! Students will be bringing home a permission slip soon that must be returned. The cost of this year’s Field Day is $10. We’re also asking families to donate food items (each homeroom has a specific request—see the form your student brought home or check out the details here!). Thanks in advance for your support. If you’d like to volunteer and have completed all your clearances, you can sign up here.
Thank You, CW Families!
April was a busy month at Cook-Wissahickon! Thank you to all of the awesome volunteers who helped out this month! We love our CW Community!
Our BOGO Book Fair at the beginning of the month was great! Thank you so much to all the new and returning volunteers who helped!
The Wissahickon Sustainability Council has been hard at work keeping our school grounds looking good! Thanks for organizing clean-up days and thanks to all who showed up to help! If you’re interested in getting involved with the WSC, join them on 5/21 at The Foodery at 6:30 pm for their monthly meeting or sign up to help with their Earth Day Event at school on 5/7. You can sign up here.
Our Spring Movie Night was fun thanks to all the volunteers who helped move the festivities indoors due to the crazy weather! Thanks to all the families who braved the weather and joined us for a fun night!
The Dine to Donate Events have been popular and profitable this year! Our March Tony Roni night brought in $70. Thanks to all who dined out on 4/29 at Hilltown Tavern, too!
The uniform sale fundraiser for learning and autistic support classrooms raised $600—each class will get $150.
Thank you to the families who have contributed to our 50th Anniversary Fundraising Campaign so far! We’re on our way to reaching our fundraising goals! We’re also grateful to our community business sponsors!
Please donate to our 50th Anniversary Fundraiser! We’re grateful to all who have contributed! The money raised so far is going toward replacing the basketball poles and adding backboards and nets in the schoolyard, which should be coming very soon! We will also be supporting student activities and teacher continuing education. Click here to donate to our fundraising drive via PayPal (add memo line: CW-HSA Fundraiser 2019). Or send a check payable to Cook-Wissahickon HSA and to school in an envelope marked “HSA.” Thank you for your support!
|CW Sponsors |
Thanks to these companies that have given generously to our 2019 campaign!
Please support these local businesses!
Roxborough Development Corporation
Philadelphia School of Circus Arts
Vault + Vine
East Falls Family Dentistry
You must be logged in to post a comment.