- Friday, 11/1: The school selection process closes at 5 pm
- Friday, 11/1: Acme Give Back Where It Counts begins! For the month of November, each time a $3.00 reusable Give Back Where it Counts Bag is purchased at the Acme at 5827-59 Ridge Ave, $1 will be donated to the CW HSA
- Tuesday, 11/5: Election Day – Schools Closed
- Monday, 11/11: Veterans’ Day – Schools Closed & Administrative Offices Closed
- Friday, 11/15: Professional Development Half Day – 12:24 Dismissal
- Monday, 11/18 – Friday, 11/22: Scholastic Book Fair. Click here to sign up to volunteer, to check class schedules, or to set up an e-wallet for your student!
- Tuesday, 11/19: WSC Meeting at 6:30 pm at The Foodery Roxborough
- Wednesday, 11/20: Report Card Conferences & Half Day – 12:24 Dismissal
- Thursday, 11/21: Report Card Conferences & Half Day – 12:24 Dismissal
- Thursday, 11/21: November HSA Meeting at 6 pm at Cook-Wissahickon
- Friday, 11/22: Report Card Conferences & Half Day – 12:24 Dismissal
- Wednesday, 11/27: Drawing for the winner of the WSC Quilt. Buy tickets any time before then at cookwisswsc.com
- Thursday, 11/28: CW Choir performing in the 100th 6ABC Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Thursday, 11/28 – Friday, 11/29: Thanksgiving Holiday – Schools Closed & Administrative Offices Closed
- NUT Day Fridays: Every Friday is a NUT Day – students pay $1 to dress down. This is a big fundraiser for the HSA and the money raised primarily goes toward funding buses and transportation for school trips. The three half days for Report Card Conferences are free dress down days. On other Fridays, please send in $1 for your student to participate or look at ways you can pay ahead here.
Reminders and Updates
Clothing Donations Needed: Are you cleaning out closets as the weather changes? If you have gently used uniforms you’d like to donate, the HSA is now collecting. We’re also accepting sweatshirts and coats! Please send donations to the HSA office. We could also use some bins to make it easier to store and sort the donations. If you need uniforms or coats for your student, stop by the HSA office to see if we have what you need. Thanks!
HSA Committees: We are still looking for volunteers for our Teacher Appreciation Committee, Holiday Shop Committee, and Middle School Committee. Interested or want more information? Email email@example.com.
Acme Give Back Where it Counts Reusable Bag Program: Hooray, it’s November! The CW HSA will receive a $1 donation for every $3.00 GIVE BACK WHERE IT COUNTS Bag sold in November at the ACME store located at 5927-59 Ridge Avenue! Please help support CW through this fundraiser!
Mabel’s Labels Fundraiser: Order Mabel’s Labels and raise money for CW. Log on to MabelsLabels.com and click on the upper right-hand side where it says, “Support a Fundraiser”. Type in “Cook-Wissahickon”, shop, have it directly shipped to your house, and CW earns money! Order anytime you’d like throughout the year and help earn money for our school. Share this with families and friends!
Box Tops For Education: Please continue to send in your Box Tops! We’re still accepting the paper box tops, but these traditional box tops clippings are being phased out. Now, when you see a Box Top Symbol, you can download the App and upload your receipt! This money goes directly to the school to help support student activities like the Ballroom Dance Program!
Volunteer and Donation Needs
November Book Fair: We are excited for our first book fair this school year on November 18-22! Every purchase from the book fair earns rewards for our school. We need several volunteers to make this a success. You can sign up to volunteer, check out the class schedule, and create an e-wallet for your student to shop here!
2019-20 Library Volunteers: Thanks to the volunteers at West Philadelphia Alliance for Children (WePAC), the CW library is open at select times. The WePAC volunteers could use more help. And the more help they get, the better chance of more hours for the library to be open. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or visit the HSA office.
Volunteer Clearances: Every person who volunteers at our school—in the classroom, on field trips, at school events, etc.—MUST have clearances! This must be completed before you can volunteer—no exceptions! Please click the link above to get started or email email@example.com.
CW Amazon Wish List Spotlight: Find all CW teacher Amazon Wish Lists here!
Support the WSC by entering to win a King/Generous Queen handmade quilt. (see pics below)
$5 per Ticket, $25 for 6 Tickets, and $40 for 10 Tickets. The drawing will be held at 7 PMon Wednesday, November 27! You can also buy tickets online. Click here for details!
The first two months of school have been busy and we’re so grateful to all who have volunteered in so many ways to make these two months a success. First, thanks to all who have joined the HSA. It’s a great way to show your support. If you haven’t joined yet, please join or renew now here!
Thanks to everyone who has sent in paper box tops and to all who downloaded the app and have been scanning your receipts.We collected $2 We also had a lot of big, fun, successful events since the start of school—a celebration of the WSC’s completion of a path to the outdoor classroom, the CW 5K, Fall Movie Night, the 50th Anniversary Celebration, and the Art Department’s Annual Harvest Festival! Thank you to all the teachers, staff, neighbors, parents, and family members who organized, volunteered, and came out to support these events.40 and had $55 scanned in from receipts for our first submission! Keep up the amazing work! All of our Box Tops checks go toward the 5th grade ballroom dancing program!
The 5K raised money for the HSA, which all goes to support school and student activities. The Fall Movie night raised more than $600 for the music department. The 50th Anniversary brought together current families and staff, past students and staff, and neighbors to celebrate CW’s 50-year history as well as what’s to come! It also included a great performance by the CW Choir!
None of this would have been possible without the support of our amazing CW community! Thank you—and we’re looking forward to another great month ahead!