- Sunday, 12/8: Dine to Donate at The Tap Room at Chestnut Hill Brewing Company from 12 to 6 pm. We have a private room at The Tap Room and 10% of all food sales and 20% of alcohol sales will be donated back to Cook-Wissahickon! Mention Cook-Wiss when you arrive for a wrist band. We hope to see everyone there!
- Wednesday, 12/11: All City Elementary and Middle School Choral Concert at Temple Performing Arts Center at 7:00 pm. This event is FREE to attend!
- Thursday, 12/12: CW Winter Arts Showcase from 6 to 8 pm at Cook-Wissahickon: Since the start of the year, CW elementary and middle school students have been spending a small part of their day honing a new talent or skill as a part of their Picasso classes under a Philadelphia theme. Now is the time for them to share what they have learned with their friends, family, and community! Please join them on this exciting evening and witness the hard work they have put in this year! Check out the performance lineup here!
- Saturday, 12/14: Music Department Flapjack Fundraiser – 8-10 am at Applebee’s in Andorra. If you can volunteer to help at this event, please sign up here.
- Monday, 12/16 – Friday, 12/20: Tryouts for the spring musical. Students in grades 3-8 must sign up before then with Mr. or Mrs. D. Parents of students in K through 2nd grades do not need to tryout – they just need to tell Mr. or Mrs. D they are interested in being involved.
- Tuesday, 12/17: Wissahickon Sustainability Council Meeting at The Foodery Roxborough at 6:30 pm or
- Wednesday, 12/18: WSC Meeting at CW at 4 pm
- Monday, 12/23: No school – Professional Development Day
- Tuesday, 12/24 – Wednesday, 1/1/20: No School – Winter Break
- NUT Day Fridays: Every Friday is a NUT Day—students pay $1 to dress down. This is a big fundraiser for the HSA and the money raised primarily goes toward funding buses and transportation for school trips. The three half days for Report Card Conferences are free dress down days. On other Fridays, please send in $1 for your student to participate or look at ways you can pay ahead here.
- December Lunch Menu: Wondering what’s for lunch this month. Check out the menu here!
Reminders and Update
HSA Committees: We just formed a Staff Appreciation Committee and are hoping to form a Middle School Committee and an Election Committee. Would you like to get involved? If you’re interested or want more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mabel’s Labels Fundraiser: Order Mabel’s Labels and raise money for CW. Log on to MabelsLabels.com and click on the upper right-hand side where it says, “Support a Fundraiser”. Type in “Cook-Wissahickon”, shop, have it shipped to your house, and CW earns money! Order anytime you’d like throughout the year and help earn money for our school. Share this with families and friends!
Box Tops For Education: Please continue to send in your Box Tops! We’re still accepting the paper box tops, but these traditional box tops clippings are being phased out. Now, when you see a Box Top Symbol, you can download the App and upload your receipt! This money goes directly to the school to help support student activities!
Volunteer and Donation Needs
Volunteer Clearances: Every person who volunteers at our school—in the classroom, on field trips, at school events, etc.—MUST have clearances! This must be completed before you can volunteer—no exceptions!
CW Amazon Wish List: Find all CW teacher Amazon Wish Lists here!
Clothing Donations Needed and Available: If you have gently used uniforms, sweatshirts, or coats you’d like to donate, the HSA is now collecting. Send donations to the HSA office. If you need uniforms or coats for your student, stop by the HSA office to see if we have what you need. Thanks!
We’re Grateful for Your Support
Thank to everyone who helped make November a great month at Cook-Wiss. The Book Fair was a huge success. As soon as we get the final numbers, we’ll share the details about how much we raised and how many books we bought and will buy for CW and our students! Thanks to the volunteers, to those who donated funds, and to all those who shopped! So many teachers received books on their wish lists and were so appreciative!
We also want to thank you for your continued support of our ongoing fundraisers—NUT Days, Mabel’s Labels, Dine to Donates, Box Tops, and last month’s Acme Gives Back bag fundraiser! These all go a long way in raising money to support student activities at CW!
Thanks, too, to all who supported the Wissahickon Sustainability Council’s Quilt Raffle—they raised more than $700 and the money will go toward funding the schoolyard depaving project and the greening of our school!