- Monday, 2/3: 8th Grade Dues: first payment of $50 is due. The second payment of $50 will be due by Monday, 3/16. Early payments accepted!
Monday, 2/3 – Friday, 2/7: Scholastic Book Fair. Haven’t signed up to volunteer yet? It’s not too late! Find the schedule, sign up to volunteer, and create an e-wallet for your student here!
- Wednesday, 2/5 – Friday 2/7: Half Days (12:24 Dismissal) and Free NUT Days. Report Card Conferences will be held Wednesday from 12:30-3:30 pm and Thursday from 12:30-3:30 pm and 5-7 pm. There will also be a Girl Scout Cookie Booth on Thursday during afternoon and evening conferences.
- Saturday, 2/8: Schoolyard cleanup from 8-10 am
- Monday, 2/10: Keller Williams School Initiative Presentation from 4-5 pm at CW. KW Agent and former CW parent will present information about their School Initiative program. Professionals will also discuss logistics of buying a home, taking out loans, and more. All are welcome.
- Monday, 2/10 – Friday, 2/28: The Leukemia/ Lymphoma Society Fundraiser: Pennies for Patients. Additional information to come.
- Wednesday, 2/12: Middle School Valentine’s Day Dance from 5-7 pm at the CW Gym! Middle School Teachers sent flyers home with students. Cost is $10
- Friday, 2/14: If you chose the twice-yearly payment plan for NUT Days – or want to pay ahead for the rest of the year, payments of $15 are due! You can pay by check or cash or PayPal – find all the details here! Every Friday is a NUT Day—students pay $1 to dress down. This is an important fundraiser for the CW HSA—this money provides multiple buses to and from field trips and supports other student activities.
- Friday, 2/14: CW Choir Spaghetti Dinner at Cook-Wissahickon from 6-7:30 pm. Volunteers are needed – sign up here.
- Monday, 2/17: Presidents’ Day – No School
- Tuesday, 2.18: WSC Meeting at The Foodery at 6:30 pm or
- Wednesday, 2/19: WSC Meeting at CW at 4 pm
- Thursday, 2/20: CW teachers and the HSA invite students to wear pink or dress down and donate $1 (or whatever you wish) to help us support Friends in Pink, a local nonprofit group that raises funds to help those in the Roxborough Manayunk community who have been diagnosed with breast cancer. Send money in a sealed envelope marked “Friends in Pink NUT Day” or pay via Paypal!
- Thursday, 2/20: HSA Meeting at 6pm at CW
- Saturday, 2/22: Schoolyard cleanup from 8-10 am
- Wednesday, 2/26: Dine to Donate at California Pizza Kitchen – City Ave all day. Bring this flyer and 20% of your check will be donated to CW. Purchases include dine-in, takeout, catering, and beverages! And be sure to fill in your student’s teacher’s name—the class with the most participants can win a free pizza party!
- Friday, 2/28: Professional Development Half Day – 12:24 Dismissal
- NUT Day Fridays: Every Friday is a NUT Day—students pay $1 to dress down. On Fridays, please send in $1 for your student to participate or look at ways you can pay ahead here.
Reminders and Update
February Lunch Menu: Check out this month’s menu here!
Mabel’s Labels Fundraiser: Log on to MabelsLabels.com and click on the upper right-hand side where it says, “Support a Fundraiser”. Type in “Cook-Wissahickon”, shop, have it shipped to your house, and CW earns money!
Box Tops For Education: We’re still accepting the paper box tops, but these traditional box tops clippings are being phased out. Now, when you see a Box Top Symbol, you can download the App and upload your receipt! This money goes directly to the school to help support student activities!
Choir Fundraiser: Want to help the CW Choir? Check out this GoFundMe page a CW student set up to raise funds for the music program to help cover the costs of the choir traveling to their championship competition later this year. Donate and/or share! Thanks in advance for your support https://www.gofundme.com/f/charters-for-champions
Library Volunteers: WePac volunteers staff our library, but additional volunteers are needed in order to allow more CW students to be able to use the library. No experience needed—you’ll be trained on what to do. If interested, email CookWissHSA@gmail.com or find WePac volunteers at school on Thursdays! They are also accepting donations of lightly used books! These books will help stock our library as well as other school libraries throughout the city!
Schoolyard Cleanups: Come out from 8 to 10 am in the schoolyard on the following Saturday Mornings: 2/8, 2/22, 3/7, and 3/21. Help us keep our schoolyard clean. Each of these dates (weather permitting), we’ll do a light grounds cleanup followed by time to enjoy the playground. The HSA and WSC will provide trash bags and gloves to volunteers. No need to RSVP. Just show up when you can, for whatever amount of time!
CW Amazon Wish List Spotlight: Want to brighten a teacher’s month? Consider purchasing an item on his/her wish list! Find all CW teacher Amazon Wish Lists here!
Clothing Donations Needed and Available: If you have gently used uniforms, sweatshirts, or coats you’d like to donate, please send to the HSA office. If you need any items, stop by the HSA office to see if we have what you need. Thanks!