We are parents and guardians of students in Cook-Wissahickon Elementary School committed to working together to strengthen our school community and enrich our children’s education. Together with our school’s teachers, staff, and other community partners, we play a large role in the success of our school.
Over the past few years, our Home and School Association has:
- Raised money to offset the costs of field trips, school supplies, and events
- Paid for a new playground, benches, and picnic tables
- Coordinated annual events including book fairs, the holiday shop, teacher appreciation luncheons, and Fun and Fit Day
- Won grants to green our school campus and to install a kiln in our art room
- Established community partnerships with local universities and other organizations
- Run parent-led after-school clubs
- Coordinated parent volunteering in the classroom
Please join us. All parents, guardians, and community members are welcome.
Every parent and guardian is encouraged to attend meetings, volunteer, and become a dues-paying, voting member of the Home and School Association. Dues are $5.00 per year, enabling you to vote for officers and on actions taken by the HSA. Every parent and guardian is encouraged to attend meetings, but only paid members can vote. Teachers and staff can also join.
2018/2019 Schoolyear Officers are:
- Dan McGurk, Co-President
- Gina Birkmire, Co-President
- Alyssa Butler, Co-Vice President
- Elyse Castillo, Co-Vice President
- Stefanie Tuleya, Corresponding/Recording Secretary
- Elizabeth Colella, Treasurer
- Margaret Neary, Co-Fundraising Coordinator
- Susanna Kramer, Co-Fundraising Coordinator
- Ashley Rummelt, Volunteer Coordinator
- Kelly Ryan, Activities Coordinator