Important Upcoming Dates
- Tuesday, 3/3: District Wide Kindergarten Open-House 9:30-10:30 am (There will be another open house on May 5 from 9:30-10:30am)
- Saturday, 3/7: Schoolyard cleanup – 8-10 am
- Tuesday, 3/10 – Thursday, 3/12: Interim Reports
- Wednesday, 3/11: Picture Day
- Monday, 3/16: Final payment due for 8th Grade Dues
- Tuesday, 3/17: Special Dress Down Day for a local food pantry. We invite students to dress down and donate $1 (or more if you wish) or an item for a local food pantry. More details to come.
- Tuesday, 3/17: WSC Meeting – 6pm Foodery or
- Wednesday, 3/18: WCS Meeting at school at 4
- Thursday, 3/19: HSA Meeting at 6 pm at Tavern on RIdge
- Saturday, 3/21: Schoolyard cleanup – 8-10am
- Monday, 3/23-Suday, 3/29: Dine to Donate Week at Tony Roni’s Roxborough
- Thursday, 3/26: CW Baseball game vs. Lamberton at Kendrick Rec.
Center. Check out the calendar for all the games here.
- Wednesday, April 1– CW Softball game Away v Mya. Check out the full schedule of games here.
- Every Friday: Every Friday is a NUT Day—students pay $1 to dress down. This is an important fundraiser for the CW HSA—this money provides multiple buses to and from field trips and supports other student activities.
Reminders and Update
HSA Board Elections: HSA Board elections are coming up soon. Interested in learning about a position you might want to run for or nominate someone for? Email the election committee via firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or interest. And be on the lookout for more info on nominations coming soon!
March Lunch Menu: Check out this month’s menu here!
Spring Fundraising Campaign Kickoff: The fundraising committee is beginning our spring fundraising campaign for the Musical, Bye Bye Birdie, and to support the Wissahickon Sustainability Council’s efforts to depave and green our schoolyard. They need help! Have a connection to a local business that may want to support our school? Email email@example.com with the name of the company you can visit. The committee will prepare sponsorship packages for you to deliver! Our last day for fundraising will be March 31st so the sponsorship information can be printed into the musical playbill.
Mabel’s Labels Fundraiser: Log on to MabelsLabels.com and click on the upper right-hand side where it says, “Support a Fundraiser”. Type in “Cook-Wissahickon”, shop, have it shipped to your house, and CW earns money!
Box Tops For Education: We’re still accepting the paper box tops, but these traditional box tops clippings are being phased out. Now, when you see a Box Top Symbol, you can download the App and upload your receipt! This money goes directly to the school to help support student activities!
Choir Fundraiser: Want to help the CW Choir? Check out this GoFundMe page a CW student set up to raise funds for the music program to help cover the costs of the choir traveling to their championship competition later this year. Donate and/or share! Thanks in advance for your support https://www.gofundme.com/f/charters-for-champions
Volunteer and Donation Needs
Volunteer Clearances: Every person who volunteers at our school—in the classroom, on field trips, at school events, etc.—MUST have clearances!
|Library Volunteers: WePac volunteers staff our library, but additional volunteers are needed in order to allow more CW students to be able to use the library. No experience needed—you’ll be trained on what to do. If interested, email CookWissHSA@gmail.com or find WePac volunteers at school on Thursdays! They are also accepting donations of lightly used books! These books will help stock our library as well as other school libraries throughout the city!|
Schoolyard Cleanups: Come out from 8 to 10 am in the schoolyard on the following Saturday Mornings: 3/7 and 3/21. Help us keep our schoolyard clean. Each of these dates (weather permitting), we’ll do a light grounds cleanup followed by time to enjoy the playground. The HSA and WSC will provide trash bags and gloves to volunteers. No need to RSVP. Just show up when you can, for whatever amount of time!
CW Amazon Wish List Spotlight: Love your teacher? Want to surprise them with a spring treat this month? Consider purchasing an item on his/her wish list! Find all CW teacher Amazon Wish Lists here!
Congrats to the boys and girls basketball teams on their seasons! Thanks to Ms. Roccio and Mr. Rauchet for coaching!