Important Upcoming Dates
- Thursday, 1/16: HSA Meeting at 6pm at Terrace Street Bakery and Cafe at 3862 Terrace St., 19128. Join us for the first meeting of 2020. We’ll be discussing plans for the remainder of the year, forming an election committee for HSA elections this spring, and more!
- Monday, 1/20: No School – MLK Day.
- Thursday,1/23: The Cook-Wissahickon Winter Concert from 1:45 to 2:45 pm. K-5 students and the Orchestra will be performing in this showcase “Rock and Roll Forever.” Doors open at 1:30pm for public seating in the cafeteria for the program.
- Thursday, 1/23: Musical Meeting for Parents. Congrats to the students in grades 4-8 who found out their roles in this year’s musical, Bye Bye Birdie! This meeting is for parents of students in the show and for parents of students in grades K-3 who are interested in being involved. Time is set tentatively for 6 pm in the CW library.
- Friday, 1/24: Half day – 12:24 dismissal for Professional Development Day.
- Friday, 1/24: Dine to Donate: Cook-Wissahickon Night at Craft Hall from 5 to 7 pm. Join us for a fun evening of playing and craft beverages at Craft Hall Philly! A portion of the proceeds is donated back to CW! We hope to see you there!
- ***New Date***Tuesday, 1/21: Wissahickon Sustainability Council Meeting at The Foodery Roxborough at 6:30 pm or
- ***New Date***Wednesday, 1/22: WSC Meeting at CW at 4 pm
- NUT Day Fridays: Every Friday is a NUT Day—students pay $1 to dress down. On Fridays, please send in $1 for your student to participate or look at ways you can pay ahead here.
- January Lunch Menu: Check out this month’s menu here!
Mabel’s Labels Fundraiser: Log on to MabelsLabels.com and click on the upper right-hand side where it says, “Support a Fundraiser”. Type in “Cook-Wissahickon”, shop, have it shipped to your house, and CW earns money!
Box Tops For Education: We’re still accepting the paper box tops, but these traditional box tops clippings are being phased out. Now, when you see a Box Top Symbol, you can download the App and upload your receipt! This money goes directly to the school to help support student activities!
Volunteer and Donation Needs
Volunteer Clearances: Every person who volunteers at our school—in the classroom, on field trips, at school events, etc.—MUST have clearances!
CW Amazon Wish List Spotlight: Want to brighten a teacher’s month? Consider purchasing an item on his/her wish list! Find all CW teacher Amazon Wish Lists here!
Clothing Donations Needed and Available: If you have gently used uniforms, sweatshirts, or coats you’d like to donate, please send to the HSA office. If you need any items, stop by the HSA office to see if we have what you need. Thanks!
HSA Committees: We need members for our Middle School Committee and an Election Committee. Would you like to get involved? If you’re interested or want more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for a Great 2019!
There were so many great events in the first part of this school year—the 5K, the 50th Anniversary, Fall Movie Night, Harvest Festival, Book Fair, Dine to Donates, the CW Staff Appreciation Lunch, and so much more! They were all successful because of volunteers and thanks to all who came out to support these events! Many of these events were also great fundraisers for Cook-Wiss! The 5K registrations and individual donations raised $1979.29 and our awesome fundraising committee raised another $3600 in support for the 5K bringing the total to $5579.29! Our book fair sales resulted almost $3280 in Scholastic Dollar Rewards and Profits. This was our most profitable book fair yet! Our October and December Dine to Donate events raised $287. Thanks to all involved!
We’re looking forward to many more fun events in 2020, like the music department’s upcoming Spaghetti Dinner on February 14 at 6 pm at CW (more details to come)!
We’re also lucky to have Ms. Kimmel’s husband come out for many CW events and take pictures! In case you’ve missed some of the albums we’ve shared on social media and in these newsletters over the last few months, be sure to check them out:
Harvest Festival: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hpqcpC6gseNtarKQ59p1aPmNG8mJBO2d?usp=sharing
CW Winter Arts Showcase: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EH2H76u_GKbxsW6bpzd1VoMW2NJFeO0g?usp=sharing
Middle School Celebration: