How to Obtain Volunteer Clearances
The School District of Philadelphia offers instructions on what you need to do. Visit https://www.philasd.org/face/volunteer/
Interested in getting involved. There are lots of ways to Get Involved with Cook-Wissahickon HSA. While Cook-Wissahickon provides a solid groundwork for our kids to learn, additional support from the community and families leads to real success. We all have different availability, means, and skills, but there are many different ways to contribute. Browse the following list to find what best fits your interests and schedule! Everything helps and is appreciated!
- Show up:
- Attend school and HSA events like monthly HSA meetings, Back-to-School Night, Green Your Home and Community Event, Fall Festival, Movie Night, Evening of the Arts, and more!
- This is a great way to meet other CW families and staff.
- Get Your Volunteer Clearances: https://www.philasd.org/face/volunteer/
- Volunteer in your child’s classroom. Look for emails from the school and HSA about opportunities to be a Classroom Parent, a Guest Reader, a Field Trip Chaperone, or to help out with clerical needs.
- Sign up to volunteer for regular, repeat events like Pretzel Day, Uniform Sales, Library, Wednesday Folder Stuffing, and more. Look for emails from HSA with these volunteer opportunities or send an email to email@example.com to express interest.
- Volunteer for special events like Movie Night, Fall Festival, Book Fairs, Holiday Shop, Schoolyard Cleanups, Field Day, and the 5K.
- Let us know if you have a special interest or skill set and are interested in helping with fundraising, grant writing, community outreach, etc.
- Join an HSA Committee: Attend meetings (https://cookwissahickonhsa.com/calendar/) and watch for emails!
- Volunteer for clubs and extracurriculars as need arises (send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have interest).
- Collect Box Tops for Education. Send in Box Tops (do not need to be glued onto collection paper) to your child’s homeroom teacher in an envelope marked “HSA – Box Tops”. Each is worth $0.10 for CW!
- Donate uniform clothes your student has outgrown or no longer needs.
- Donate supplies, snacks, or money to your student’s class, the school, or extracurricular activities. Or Donate to the HSA via Paypal (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=QBK2GHUY3QZ78)
- Have your student participate in NUT (No Uniform Today) Days – For a cost of $1 students can dress down on half days, Fridays, and few select days. Visit https://cookwissahickonhsa.com/nut-days/ for more.